5th Annual Arnold Disc Open
“The only Arnold Disc Golf Event on the Entire Planet”
PDGA C-Tier event, presented by The Columbus Flyers Disc Golf Club
Columbus Point Series Event #1
Format: (subject to change at TD’s discretion)
Saturday March 2 – (Kindergarten Cop Day) – will be one round of random doubles and separate field events.
- Field events will take place on Saturday only.
- Start time 10:00 am, Registration at 8:30-9:30
- Players Meeting 9:45, Events and/or doubles
- Registration and pay for Saturday events will be day of, but cashless registration via email or Columbus Flyers PayPal is encouraged.
Please email or call TD with your name, the events you want to sign up for and player rating (if you have one)
- Doubles is a separate registration from field events.
- Payouts will be in Cash for all doubles and field events.
- Flyers merchandise inventory will be available.
- Arnold Wristbands Available for purchase – Gives access to all Arnold Events
Doubles (Jingle All the Way Event) Format will consist of:
Doubles will be from short tees and will be based on random pairings above and below a rating value (to be determined day of).
Parents and children will be paired and compete against other parent/child pairings with separate winnings.
Field events (Pumping Iron Event) will consist of:
Distance, longest of 5 drives by disc golf division (Pro/Advanced, Intermediate/Rec, Novice). Men’s and Women’s separate based on attendance.
Accuracy, 3 throws per stage, 3 stages, total points based upon scoring rings around target (Pro/Advanced, Intermediate/Rec, Novice). Men’s and Women’s separate based on attendance.
Putting, Three putts per stage, 5 stages, total made putts (Pro/Advanced, Intermediate/Rec, Novice). Men’s and Women’s separate based on attendance.
You must use your own discs, at least a minimum of 5 discs will be required for each category and must all be thrown before retrieving any for speed of play.
A point system will be applied to each area of competition, to determine the overall winner in every division. Winners of individual categories will be recognized as well as the overall winner in each division. Format subject to change at TD’s discretion.
Field Events: $15
Arnold Armband: $10 (if not playing in Sunday’s tournament)
Arnold Classic Tournament
Sunday March 3 – (Conan The Barbarian Day)
Open | Masters | Advanced – Long Tees
Intermediate | Rec | Novice | Jr’s – Short Tees
7:30 am – 8:30am Player check-in
8:45 am Player’s Meeting
9:15 am Tee-off
- $250 Minimum added to pro purse
- All amateurs will receive a custom stamped disc with event logo
- All competitors receive an Arnold Sports Expo Pass, which allows you access to all areas any events, Friday through Sunday. Wristbands will be available at Saturday event for those registrants who want to attend any Arnold events. I will be at course on Friday (11am till ?) and competitors can get Wristbands then also.
Back again this year, a Bullseye Contest!
This contest will run all day Sunday, and will end soon after the last card turned in.
25% of money collected will be donated to the Humane Society of Columbus
We will be throwing off the hill nearest to 18 down to the flat area inside the walking trail. Roughly 200-250′ depending on conditions.
The Bullseye will have four rings with a basket sitting in the center of the smallest ring.
Scoring is as follows: Five Throws
Ace – 5 pts
Rings point range: 4,3,2,1 pts, best score would be 25
Top 5 participants with the best score will be in a throw-off before the awards. All ties will playoff. Throw off contestants get 5 throws. Best total of those five throws wins the cash. All others in throw off win a prize.
Format subject to change at TD’s discretion
$3.00 for 5 throws
75% of $ will go to winner
25% of $ will go to Humane Society of Columbus
All others in throw off win a prize.
This event is Pre-Registration only
No Day-of Registrations
Field will be limited to 72 players (Subject to change)
Saturday participation is not mandatory for the Sunday tournament
|Rec | Novice | Jr||$27.00||$32.00|
If you are not a current CFDGC member. Join/Renew
Add $10.00 to entry fee if you are not a current PDGA Member. Join/Renew
Dean Barbo, Tournament Director